Fall is in the air, Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back, and the weather will be cooling off soon, which means only one thing here at Moonstone:
Fall and winter are the perfect seasons to make corrections in your skin. Sun exposure is automatically decreased, the weather pushes us to more indoor activities, and you can make fewer lifestyle adjustments to accommodate your peel recovery. Start thinking now about the changes in your skin, and contact us to book a complimentary skin care consultation so that we can begin making your face fantasy a reality! In this consultation, we will be able to help you prepare for your peel so you will achieve ultimate results by spring. What can you do to prepare for your peel series?
- Drink water. Lots of water. Good hydration means supple, receptive skin that will better withstand the peel process with less irritation.
- Choose the one change you’d most like to see in your skin. Whether you want to see your acne cleared, your skin look firmer and more youthful, or to reduce hyperpigmentation or melasma, focus on solving that one issue first. Bring that to us, and we can match you to appropriate home care to begin the correction process, which will allow your peels more success in the corrective process.
- Use an SPF daily if you don’t already to get into the habit. Daily SPF use will help to slow the aging process over time, and in the short-term, will protect your post-peel skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays to allow healing.
- Get a microdermabrasion. 3-6 weeks before your peel appointment, get a microdermabrasion to help buff off those dead skin cells littering the top of your skin. This will give you instant fresh skin as well as allow your peel to process more evenly.
- Stop using prescription topicals 10 days prior to your peel application. These contraindicate the skin’s condition to a peel. It is 100% possible to support the integrity of your skin while undergoing a chemical peel. Your skin may be weakened from prescription medications and it could cause an undesirable reaction.
Get in touch with us for more information about what we can do with our peels to achieve your skincare goals!