Regular facial treatments are great for treating skin conditions, combating the appearance of aging and signs of stress. Schedule a facial when you need some personal downtime, when your skin is acting up, and about a week before a big event. Think of it as spring cleaning for the skin.
- Facial treatments help manage and heal common skin conditions, including acne, rosacea, psorsis, or eczema.
- A skin care therapist will conduct analysis for your skin type and customized each treatment to help correct the condition.
- For example, smog is an external pollution that sits on our skin causing clogged pores. Monthly facials and a weekly routine of exfoliation can keep the skin clean and smooth with an even skin tone and limit the number of breakouts and acne flare-ups.
- Another benefit to facial treatment is combating premature aging.
- A skin care technician can stimulate the skin with vitamin C and other nourishing ingredients, such as essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. Your skin needs stimulation to increase cell turnover rate which in turn limits the signs of aging and wrinkles.
- When I worked in the city, one of my best client’s was the older gentleman who worked in the financial district. I honestly could not determine his age and later he informed that he had been receiving facials for the last 15 years and found it to be very effective for anti-aging. In fact, he encouraged his two sons to receive monthly facials.
- Finally, regular facials are a health benefit that far outweighs any beauty benefits.
- The major health benefits of regular facials are regulation of the immune system, detoxification, and reduction in fluid build-up, exfoliation, and stress relief.
- During your facial, the therapist will conduct a facial massage that can incorporate lymphatic drainage, acupressure, and aromatherapy. In the end, it creates a calming effect on the nervous system that helps reduce stress and tension in your skin and your body.